It’s PhD application season! Universities in Sweden are currently recruiting PhD students in political science and related disciplines and subjects. Up to
28 29 30 positions are to be filled.
At Swedish universities, most doctoral studentships are fully funded and salaried four year appointments which include full regular employment benefits. PhD students are usually expected to devote most of their time to writing their dissertation, but may engage in teaching up to 20 per cent of a full-time position, in which case the appointment is extended by the equivalent time.
Here are a number of open calls for applications at Swedish Universities. Please note that if you have any questions, see each separate call for information about whom to contact (I cannot answer your questions).
- Two PhD positions in Political Science with a focus on regional studies. Closing date: January 18, 2018.
- Four doctoral positions in Political Science. Closing date: January 22, 2018.
- Three PhD positions in International Migration and Ethnic Relations (IMER). Closing date: February 1, 2018.
University of Gothenburg
Closing date: 6 February, 2018:
- 1-3 Doctoral (PhD) Studentship Positions in Political Science.
- 1-2 Doctoral (PhD) Studentship Positions in Political Science with a focus on Governance and Local Development.
- 1-2 doctoral (PhD) studentship positions in Political Science affiliated with the Centre for Collective Action Research (CeCAR).
- Three PhD positions in Peace & Development Research, (broadly conceived to include e.g. conflict research, security studies, human rights, global political economy, global governance, regional studies, etc.).
- One PhD position in Environmental Social Science.
UPDATED! Closing date: 18 February, 2018:
- One PhD position on democracy and human rights, located at one of the departments within the Faculty of Social Science.
UPDATED! Closing date: 6 February, 2018:
- One PhD position in political science within the Gothenburg Research Program on Pregnancy and Politics and the Society, Opinion and Democracy Institute.
Closing date: February 6, 2018:
- Two PhD studentships in Political Science.
- One PhD studentship in Political Science with orientation toward Environmental Politics.
Closing date: 6 February, 2018:
- At least three doctoral positions in Political Science.
- One doctoral position in Political Science associated with the research project Policing, Schooling, and Health Care in Comparative and Historical Perspective.
Closing date: 19 February 2018:
- One doctoral position in Political Science associated with the research project Preconditions for a Modern Civil Defence.
UPDATED: Södertörn University
Closing date: 12 February 2018
- One doctoral studentship in Political Science within the research project Russia in Space: Continuity and Change in Russian Space Policy.
Closing date: 15 February 2018
- One doctoral studentship in Political Science within the research area of Politics, Economics, and the Organization of Society (PESO), and the Baltic and Eastern European Graduate School (BEEGS).
- Two doctoral studentships in Environment and Development or Environmental Governance within the School of Environmental Studies, connected to the Baltic and Eastern European Graduate School (BEEGS).